Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Fresh charge laid in Henry boys murder

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
August 5, 2021
in News
Joel Henry and Isaiah Henry

Joel Henry and Isaiah Henry

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) today discontinued the charge laid against two of the three men accused of murdering Joel Henry, and advised that fresh charge be laid.

“A fresh joint charge for both Joel and Isaiah Henry has been laid,” the Guyana Police Force said on Thursday.

READ ALSO

Mohamed Writes International Community Over Region 10 Governance Crisis

GWI REAFFIRMS COMMITMENT TO TRANSPARENT PROCUREMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY

Magistrate Peter Hugh had freed Vinod Gopaul and Anil Sanchara of the murder of Isaiah Henry, however, hours after that decision, the DPP insisted that there was sufficient evidence against the men.

In a statement approximately four weeks ago, the DPP’s chambers said Magistrate Peter Hugh was written to requesting the documents taken at the Preliminary Inquiry into the case of the Police vs Vinod Gopaul and Anil Sancharia.

At the time, the DPP said it was trying to ascertain why the accused were discharged.

The Magistrate made the ruling at the end of a preliminary inquiry into the murder charge against Sanchara and Gopaul.

Thirty four year -old Anil Sancharra, called “Dan pole” and “Rasta,” of D’ Edward Village, West Coast Berbice (WCB); and 30-year-old Vinod Gopaul, called “Magga,” of Yakusari, Black Bush Polder, Corentyne, Berbice had been accused of murdering Isiah Henry between September 5, 2020, and September 6, 2020, at Cotton Tree Backdam, WCB.

At the end of the PI held remotely and in his ruling Hugh said:” The Police have failed to provide any admissible evidence that these two men did indeed kill Isaiah Henry as such the charge against them is discharged.

The badly mutilated bodies of Isaiah Henry, 16, and Joel Henry, 19 both of Number Three Village, West Coast Berbice (WCB)were found dumped in a clump of bushes in the backlands of Cotton Tree Village on Sunday afternoon September 6th 2020 after they failed to return home from a trip into the forested area the day before.

Both bodies bore several ‘chop wounds’. Isaiah had the letter ‘X’ carved on the back of his head and forehead, while Joel’s chest was cut open, exposing his organs.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Leader of the Opposition Azruddin Mohamed M.P
News

Mohamed Writes International Community Over Region 10 Governance Crisis

by Admin
August 18, 2026

Opposition Leader Azruddin Mohamed has taken Guyana’s escalating Region 10 governance crisis to the international community, calling on diplomatic missions...

Read moreDetails
News

GWI REAFFIRMS COMMITMENT TO TRANSPARENT PROCUREMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY

by Admin
August 18, 2026

Guyana Water Incorporated (GWI) has noted with concern the recent public statements and allegations seeking to cast doubt on the...

Read moreDetails
News

ERC Harmony Tour Takes Young Guyanese on a Journey Through Our Shared Heritage

by Admin
August 18, 2026

The Ethnic Relations Commission (ERC) on Monday, August 17th, convened its Harmony Tour  of Demerara, taking eighty-six (86) participants, fifty...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Ralph Gonsalves injured amid massive protest


EDITOR'S PICK

𝐋𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫 Ministry 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐀𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬

November 30, 2023
Beharry - Amber Signing of Agreement

Beharry, Amber Launch IT and Cybersecurity Joint Venture in Guyana

January 25, 2026
Member of ESA's new class of astronauts John McFall attends the European Space Agency (ESA) Council at Ministerial level (CM22) at the Grand Palais Ephemere in Paris, France, November 23, 2022. REUTERS/Benoit Tessier

Persons with physical disabilities can now work and live in space

November 25, 2022
Attorney-at-law Darren Wade

PNC Must Be Rebuilt, Rebranded, Refashioned for a New Era- Wade

October 8, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice