Saturday, May 23, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

Slain Haitian president to be buried Saturday 

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
July 18, 2021
in Global
In this April 7, 2018, file photo, Haiti's President Jovenel Moise (centre) leaves the museum during a ceremony marking the 215th anniversary of revolutionary hero Toussaint Louverture's death at the National Pantheon museum in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Moïse was assassinated after a group of unidentified people attacked his private residence, the country’s interim prime minister said in a statement Wednesday, July 7, 2021. (AP Photo/Dieu Nalio Chery, File)

In this April 7, 2018, file photo, Haiti's President Jovenel Moise (centre) leaves the museum during a ceremony marking the 215th anniversary of revolutionary hero Toussaint Louverture's death at the National Pantheon museum in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Moïse was assassinated after a group of unidentified people attacked his private residence, the country’s interim prime minister said in a statement Wednesday, July 7, 2021. (AP Photo/Dieu Nalio Chery, File)

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

PORT AU PRINCE, Haiti, CMC –The Haitian government Friday announced that the assassinated President Jovenel Moise will be buried on July 23.

It will be held in the city of Cap-Haïtien, north of here where the 53-year-old former head of state was born.

READ ALSO

Three Sisters Found Dead At Popular Tourist Beach: ‘They Were My Joy’

Study Highlights Persistent Gender and Skin-Type Bias in AI Technologies

Moise was gunned down by armed men, believed to be former Colombian army officials on July 7 at his private residence. His wife, Martine, was injured during the shooting and is now recuperating in a hospital in Miami. She is expected to return here for the funeral after earlier this week saying that the pain of his death “will never pass”.

Interim Prime Minister Claude Joseph told a news conference Friday that “the authorities here have detained at least 28 men, including two Haitian Americans in connection with the killing. Haitian police have also accused 63-year-old Miami-based Haitian doctor, Christian Emmanuel Sanon, of being a mastermind of the plot and having “political objectives.”

Joseph said 24 police officers attached to Moise’s security detail were ordered to report for questioning, adding “this investigation will run its course.

“If you want to assassinate me, come for me. The most important thing for me is the investigation,” he said.

The government said that the funeral will be a three-day affair beginning July 21 and  that books of condolences are now available at Haitian embassies and consulates for the public to sign.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Photo: Sussex Police
Global

Three Sisters Found Dead At Popular Tourist Beach: ‘They Were My Joy’

by Admin
May 23, 2026

(Newsbreak) A family is grieving an unimaginable loss. Three sisters from London have been identified after their bodies were recovered from the waters...

Read moreDetails
MIT
Feature

Study Highlights Persistent Gender and Skin-Type Bias in AI Technologies

by Admin
May 23, 2026

Larry Hardesty | MIT News Office-Three commercially released facial-analysis programmes from major technology companies demonstrate both skin-type and gender biases, according to...

Read moreDetails
NBC News photo
Global

Non-immigrant visa holders must return to home countries to apply for green cards, Trump administration says

by Admin
May 23, 2026

By Daniella Silva and Julia Ainsley ((NBC News)- The Trump administration said Friday that people with temporary visas seeking to adjust their...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Key diplomats appear to snub Haiti’s acting leader 


EDITOR'S PICK

Police Constable Quincy Lewis.

Suspected remains of Constable Lewis found in shallow grave

April 20, 2023
The Chinese Ministry of Commerce in Beijing, China. /CFP

China opposes EU’s protectionist move against Chinese medical device firms: MOFCOM

June 24, 2025
Former President David Granger

Historical significance of martyrdom misunderstood and underestimated-Granger

June 25, 2023
An illustration of Mars. /VCG

China makes progress in power generation, storage on Mars

June 7, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice