Monday, August 17, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Rapid contact tracing in Bartica as COVID-19 cases rise  

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
November 18, 2020
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Health officials are now conducting contact tracing in Bartica, Cuyuni-Mazaruni, (Region Seven), following a reported rise in COVID-19 cases in the mining town.

In early November, there were 39 reported cases in the Region, with Bartica reporting 10 positive cases at the time. Figures stalled for a while; however, on Tuesday, the Region reported 49 active cases, 42 of which are from Bartica.

READ ALSO

Develop Water Wealth Without Drowning Private Enterprise- Dr. Abrams

Barima Survivors Still Struggling, Need Support- MP Singh

“We are taking all the necessary precautions in Bartica. We are doing contact tracing.  We are monitoring these patients who have tested positive, and that’s being done by the Regional Health Task Force. Most of these persons are either going to be isolated at home, or they’re going to be in our isolation facilities, the two options that we offer to patients who have tested positive,” Minister Anthony said during Tuesday’s COVID-19 update.

Of the remaining positive cases, two were recorded in Issano, one each in Byderabo, Eteringbang, Kaikan and Arau and the origin of the last one is still be determined.

In the meantime, the Ministry continues to monitor Warapoka, Barima-Waini (Region One), which has reported 18 positive cases today.  On Monday, the community had 14 cases.

Minister Anthony said if the need arises, the plan implemented in Kwebanna will be employed in Warapoka to stem transmission of the disease. (DPI)

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Dr. Karen Abrams AA, Co-Founder and Director StemGuyana
News

Develop Water Wealth Without Drowning Private Enterprise- Dr. Abrams

by Admin
August 16, 2026

Guyana’s abundance of freshwater could become one of its greatest economic assets, but Dr. Karen Abrams is warning that the...

Read moreDetails
MP Natasha Singh (blue hijab) engaging residents in Region One during her days-long visit last week
News

Barima Survivors Still Struggling, Need Support- MP Singh

by Admin
August 16, 2026

We Invest in Nationhood (WIN) Member of Parliament Natasha Singh has raised fresh concerns over the plight of survivors and...

Read moreDetails
Guyana-China Scholarships Target Skills for National Development (DPI photo)
News

Guyana-China Scholarships Target Skills for National Development

by Admin
August 16, 2026

Another cohort of Guyanese students is set to pursue higher education and professional training in China as the Government seeks...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Dr David Hinds - WPA Co-Leader

GET CREATIVE!

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


EDITOR'S PICK

President Biden joins a picket line with members of the United Auto Workers at a General Motors Service Parts Operations plant in Belleville, Mich. on Tuesday. Photo: Jim Watson/Getty Images

GPSU questions President Ali’s commitment to workers’ rights, notes President Biden’s solidarity with workers

September 28, 2023
United Nations Jamaicans now face a massive clear up following the devastation caused by Hurricane Melissa.

Caribbean nations receive life-saving support following devastation of Hurricane Melissa

November 2, 2025

Implications of the PPP/C Regime’s Unilateral Decision to Accept Foreign Deportees: A Betrayal of Guyanese Sovereignty and Dignity

January 8, 2026
The Galleons Passage

Caribbean Cities Unite to Launch Affordable Regional Ferry Network

August 17, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice