Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Kwebanna lockdown lifted

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
November 17, 2020
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

…as COVID-19 cases drop to four

The Government of Guyana has lifted its lockdown on Kwebanna, Barima-Waini (Region One) after COVID-19 cases have reduced to four, Minister of Health Dr. Frank Anthony announced Monday.

Dr. Anthony said that the measures implemented to curb the transmission of the disease, coupled with residents’ adherence to the COVID-19 guidelines, have proven successful.

READ ALSO

‘Caribbean media must master AI, not fear it’ – Pres Ali

Stop Showcasing Only Top Students, Publish the Full CSEC Picture- Dr. Barker

“At the peak of this cluster of cases… we had about 62 cases, so today we have four cases, so we have lifted the lockdown. Surrounding communities, we have [also] seen a corresponding decline in cases,” Dr. Anthony said during Monday’s COVID-19 update.

Kwebanna had been locked down since October 25.

Meanwhile, close monitoring continues at Warapoka, which has recorded 14 positive cases.

“We are monitoring a situation in Warapoka. Over the weekend we had a medical team that visited there. We continue to do more testing and swabbing. So, we’ll see what happens,” the Minister said.

Dr. Anthony said if the number of persons infected by COVID-19 continues to rise at Warapoka then the Government will institute lockdown measures to contain the spread of the disease.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

President Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali addressing the formal opening of the 57th Caribbean Broadcasting Union (CBU) Annual General Assembly
News

‘Caribbean media must master AI, not fear it’ – Pres Ali

by Admin
August 19, 2026

President Dr Mohamed Irfaan Ali has called on Caribbean broadcasters to use artificial intelligence as a tool to stregthen journalism...

Read moreDetails
Hon. Dr. Gordon Barker, M.P.
Shadow Minister Of Education
News

Stop Showcasing Only Top Students, Publish the Full CSEC Picture- Dr. Barker

by Admin
August 19, 2026

Guyanese students are receiving their results in this year’s Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate (CSEC), Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) and...

Read moreDetails
CXC 2026: Tagore’s Narine, Queen’s College Lead Standout Performers (Ministry of Education photo)
News

CXC 2026: Tagore’s Narine, Queen’s College Lead Standout Performers

by Admin
August 19, 2026

Guyanese students recorded notable performances in the 2026 Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) examinations, with preliminary results released Tuesday showing increases...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Minister of Health Dr. Frank Anthony

COVID-19 cases rise to 239 at St. Cuthbert’s Mission


EDITOR'S PICK

The welfare of Guyanese central to government policy 

August 17, 2020

Chess Federation continues with inclusion initiative for special needs schools

March 17, 2024

WORD OF THE DAY: OUTMOST

July 21, 2025
Defense Minister of Venezuela Vladimir Padrino attends a press conference on September 1, in Caracas, Venezuela. Jesus Vargas/Getty Images/File

Venezuela says it detected 5 US ‘combat planes’ flying 75km from its coast, calls it a ‘provocation’

October 3, 2025

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice