Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Nagamootoo calls out Kaieteur News on Publishing lies from Housing Minister

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
September 1, 2020
in News
Moses Nagamootoo Former Prime Minister & Vice-President”

Moses Nagamootoo Former Prime Minister & Vice-President”

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Moses Nagamootoo

Former Prime Minister and First Vice President, Moses Nagamootoo said that Minister of Housing and Water, Collin Croal has told “blatant lies” that were published in Kaieteur News on Sunday.

Through a Facebook post, Nagamootoo denied the allegation that he received a house lot from the State, as was contended in the publication.

READ ALSO

More communities to benefit from phased electricity cost reductions – Pres Ali

Over 250 Melanie families to secure land titles through regularisation exercise

The Kaieteur article stated that several houselots allocated by the Central Housing and Planning Authority (CH&PA) this year, have been placed under review.

It said that among them is the allocation of houselots to Nagamootoo, former Minister of Public Service, Tabitha Sarrabo-Halley and others.

“It would raise eyebrows because under CH&PA rules, one cannot benefit from houselots if that person already owns a property,” the article said. It also quoted Croal as saying that “the two former senior government officials are listed among the persons who applied for their houselots in June and received their approved allocations the following month.”

An extract from the said article also stated “According to Croal, since his assumption of the Ministerial post earlier this month, he was able to critically assess and examine the system for the allocation of houselots. He noted that a number of issues within the CH&PA were brought to his attention. “The system is clearly overwhelmed with requests yet we are finding that some applications that were given priority are new in comparison to others and there are some persons who never got houselots,” Croal explained.”

Nagamootoo in his post said that this is a blatant lie. “As Prime Minister or former Prime Minister I have never applied for a house-lot. Nor did I receive any allocation of a house-lot, as alleged.

The fake news was published on the front page of the Sunday Edition of Kaieteur News… The newspaper carried a detailed report of the fabricated claim, along with photographs of me and Minister Croal. This publication is clearly defamatory, and I demand a prompt retraction of the false claim and report, and an unqualified apology for the malicious attack against me,” Nagamootoo said.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

The Bartica Solar Farm in Daag Point, Region Seven
News

More communities to benefit from phased electricity cost reductions – Pres Ali

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More communities are expected to benefit from reductions in electricity costs in the coming months, as the government moves ahead...

Read moreDetails
Residents of Melanie and surrounding communities gathered at the engagement
News

Over 250 Melanie families to secure land titles through regularisation exercise

by Admin
August 20, 2026

More than 250 families in Melanie and surrounding communities are expected to secure formal titles to the land they currently...

Read moreDetails
News

WIN–APNU Rift Deepens as Hinds Blasts Mohamed’s Local Gov’t Decision

by Admin
August 20, 2026

A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) Member of Parliament and Working People’s Alliance (WPA) co-leader Dr. David Hinds has sharply...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Leader of the Opposition, Joseph Harmon

PPP temporarily in Gov’t


EDITOR'S PICK

US President Donald Trump 2026. /VCG

Trump says Iran talks to take place Monday, sets no deadline for deal

August 3, 2026
Doris Rodney

Doris Rodney: From ordinary food vendor at Timehri to restaurant owner in New York

October 1, 2023

RED STEWED CHICKEN

February 18, 2024

Simmons challenges Windies to rise to the challenge against Pakistan

December 12, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice