Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Sports

KKR and Sunil Narine ‘surprised’ after being placed on warning list

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
October 12, 2020
in Sports
Sunil Narine

Sunil Narine

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
Sunil Narine

Kolkata Knight Riders have expressed “surprise” about their premier offspinner Sunil Narine being reported for suspect action in the match against Kings XI Punjab on October 10. Narine was placed on a “warning list” by the IPL, which said the offspinner would be “suspended” in case he were to be reported again this tournament.

According to the Knight Riders, even Narine was surprised at being reported at the halfway stage of the tournament because there were “no concerns” expressed by any match officials in the five previous outings prior to the Kings XI match.

READ ALSO

Shadab leads Falcons past Patriots to fourth place on the table

Pretorius, Shamar, batters give Guyana Amazon Warriors second straight win

“This [Narine being reported for suspect action] came as a surprise to the franchise and Mr. Narine, considering he has played over 115 games in the IPL since 2012 and as many as 68 games since 2015, when he was last reported during the IPL season for a suspect action before being subsequently cleared completely by SRASSC, an ICC accredited facility,” the franchise said in a media statement on Monday. “Furthermore, he was playing his sixth game this season, with no concerns expressed formally or informally by the match officials so far.”

The IPL said Narine’s suspect action was reported by the on-field umpires Chris Gaffeney and Ulhas Gandhe. However, the IPL did not specify which type of delivery/deliveries Narine was reported for.

The franchise has not indicated whether Narine would feature in the match against Royal Challengers Bangalore on Monday evening.

Narine, the most successful bowler for the Knight Riders in IPL, was one of the two players retained by the franchise in 2018 along with Andre Russell. So far this IPL, while his batting returns have diminished, Narine has been instrumental with the ball, particularly in the death overs.

Narine played the winning hand in the two-run victory against Kings XI by defending 14 in the final over.

As per IPL rules Narine’s bowling action for the type of delivery/deliveries reported would be reviewed and corrected if necessary. Narine can continue to bowl the type of delivery/deliveries he was pulled up for, but will be suspended if reported again. The Knight Riders, however, remain optimistic about resolving the issue soon.

“We are respectful of the process that the IPL has put in place to have his action reviewed, and are working closely with the IPL in this matter. We are hopeful that there would be an appropriate resolution quickly. We appreciate the cooperation being extended by the IPL in expediting this matter.”

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Shadab Khan gave the chase the impetus it needed  •  CPL T20
Sports

Shadab leads Falcons past Patriots to fourth place on the table

by Admin
August 21, 2026

Antigua and Barbuda Falcons 191 for 7 (Lewis 48, Nawaz 33, Shadab 30, Holder 2-39) beat St Kitts and Nevis Patriots 187 for...

Read moreDetails
Shamar Joseph's speed was too hot to handle for St Lucia Kings  •  CPL T20
Sports

Pretorius, Shamar, batters give Guyana Amazon Warriors second straight win

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Guyana Amazon Warriors 157 for 3 (Dindyal 50, Phillips 36, Theekshana 2-33) beat St Lucia Kings 151 for 7 (Asalanka 35, Pretorius 3-29,...

Read moreDetails
Noor Ahmad was the star bowler for St Lucia Kings when they won the title in 2024  •  CPL T20 via Getty Images
Sports

St Lucia Kings lose Noor Ahmad for CPL after ACB revokes his NOC

by Admin
August 20, 2026

Noor Ahmad, the Afghanistan left-arm wristspinner, will miss the CPL 2026 season, where he was a part of the St Lucia Kings squad, after the Afghanistan...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Iwokrama and ExxonMobil Guyana officials examine the state of the art drone to be deployed in the Iwokrama Forest. 
L to R: Suzanne De Abreu (Community Relations Manager – ExxonMobil Guyana, Deedra Moe (Senior Director Public and Government Affairs – ExxonMobil Guyana), Dane Gobin (CEO of Iwokrama), Julian Cadogan (Drone Pilot) and Lance Khan (Guyana Drone Operators Association).

Iwokrama forest being remotely monitored by drone technology


EDITOR'S PICK

Scotland celebrate victory against West Indies in the T20 World Cup. Photograph: Steve Bell/ICC/Getty Images

Scotland pull off impressive thrashing of West Indies in T20 World Cup

October 18, 2022
Chief Justice, Roxane George

‘Lack of evidence’

April 26, 2021

DPP withdraws charge against Attorney Nirvan Singh 

May 18, 2022
Minister Todd, calls in the Chargé d’ Affaires of the Embassy of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, Mr. Moses Chavez

Guyana issues protest note to the Venezuelan Government

January 25, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice