Monday, August 17, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

No South Africa return for De Villiers as retirement decision final 

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
May 19, 2021
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

CAPE TOWN (Reuters) – AB de Villiers has decided against a return to international cricket and will not play for South Africa at the Twenty20 World Cup that is scheduled to take place in India later this year, officials confirmed on Tuesday.

De Villiers had been in talks with head coach Mark Boucher about a return to the limited overs side following his retirement from all international formats in May 2018.

READ ALSO

A Rooftop System for Every Guyanese Household Costs Between US$486 Million and US$1.27 Billion. The Gas Programme Costs at Least US$1 Billion.

Pastor Collins urges stronger gambling regulation to protect vulnerable communities

“Discussions with AB de Villiers have concluded with the batsman deciding once and for all that his retirement will remain final,” Cricket South Africa said when announcing their squads for limited overs series in the West Indies and Ireland over the next few months.

De Villiers was at his destructive best for the Royal Challengers Bangalore during this year’s Indian Premier League before it was suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and would have added great experience to a struggling South African side that has under-performed in recent years.

Meanwhile, South Africa have included uncapped off-spinner Prenelan Subrayen and seamer Lizaad Williams in their squad for the two-test series in the West Indies that starts on June 10.

The pair are part of a 19-man squad that will be led by new captain Dean Elgar, with Subrayen, 27, one of four frontline spin bowlers in the selection along with Keshav Maharaj, Tabraiz Shamsi and George Linde.

Those matches will be followed by a five-match T20 series in the Caribbean, before the team travels to Ireland for three One-Day Internationals and three T20 matches between July 11-25.

“The team has been in a rebuilding phase for a while now but we are satisfied that the return on investment is going to show itself sooner rather than later. We have to trust the process that has been put in place and support our team while they find themselves and their way,” convenor of selectors Victor Mpitsang said in a statement.

Test squad vs West Indies: 

Dean Elgar (captain), Temba Bavuma, Quinton de Kock, Sarel Erwee, Beuran Hendricks, George Linde, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Aiden Markram, Wiaan Mulder, Anrich Nortje, Keegan Peterson, Kagiso Rabada, Rassie van der Dussen, Kyle Verreynne, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lizaad Williams, Prenelan Subrayen, Marco Jansen.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

News

A Rooftop System for Every Guyanese Household Costs Between US$486 Million and US$1.27 Billion. The Gas Programme Costs at Least US$1 Billion.

by Admin
August 17, 2026

By LCN Newsroom — Energy and Trade La Caribeña News · 17 August 2026 In short. Guyana has 271,946 households on...

Read moreDetails
News

Pastor Collins urges stronger gambling regulation to protect vulnerable communities

by Admin
August 17, 2026

Pastor Daniel Collins of Helping Others Ministry is backing stronger regulation of Guyana’s gambling industry, warning that easier access to...

Read moreDetails
Minister of Human Services and Social Security  Dr. Vindhya Persaud
News

Online counselling platform for MV Barima-affected families to be launched

by Admin
August 17, 2026

The Ministry of Human Services and Social Security will this week launch EMBRACE, a national online counselling platform, as part...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Dan Burn fires Brighton to comeback win over 10-man Manchester City 


EDITOR'S PICK

Woodsville Bridge Crisis Unites Rural Community as Government Aid Lags

Woodsville Bridge Crisis Unites Rural Community as Government Aid Lags

January 13, 2025

ANIMAL FARM: The Elephant in the Room, the Horse is Out the Stable and Lipstick on a Pig

October 10, 2025
West Indies white ball Head Coach Daren Sammy.

Daren Sammy prioritises role clarity as West Indies begin World Cup build-up

January 18, 2026

Wanted man shot dead by cops

January 29, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice