Wednesday, August 19, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Global

U.S.-Iran Latest: Iranian drones target Bahrain after U.S. strikes Iran; Trump accuses Tehran of ceasefire violation

Admin by Admin
June 27, 2026
in Global
Damage by Israeli airstrikes in the centre of Nabatieh on June 26, 2026 in Nabatieh, Lebanon. 
Guy Smallman/Getty Images

Damage by Israeli airstrikes in the centre of Nabatieh on June 26, 2026 in Nabatieh, Lebanon. Guy Smallman/Getty Images

0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(CBS News) – What to know about the Iran war today:

  • The U.S. carried out retaliatory strikes against Iran on Friday after Iranian forces hit a cargo vessel in the Strait of Hormuz a day earlier. On Saturday morning, Bahrain reported strikes by Iranian drones, which the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps claimed targeted a “U.S. terrorist army” in the Gulf state.
  • President Trump on Friday called Iran’s attack a “foolish violation” of the ceasefire, as Tehran and Washington appear to remain at odds on even basic points in their memorandum of understanding, including control of the strait and how Iran will spend its unfrozen funds. Mr. Trump has not publicly reacted to Saturday’s strike.
  • Secretary of State Marco Rubio announced the framework of a deal Friday between Lebanon and Israel, but Hezbollah, which was not part of the negotiations, rejected the deal on Saturday, calling it a “disgrace” and promised to keep fighting Israeli forces.

    Israeli military to stay in southern Lebanon per trilateral agreement, Israel says

    READ ALSO

    Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead

    Trump orders Pentagon to scale back joint exercises with South Korea

    Opposing peace deals appear to be causing an issue for the United States and peace in the Middle East.

    Israel is insisting the trilateral agreement signed with Lebanon, and negotiated alongside the U.S., allows Israeli forces to remain in southern Lebanon until Hezbollah is disarmed. The Iranian-backed militia Hezbollah, which was not part of the negotiations, today said it would not abide by those conditions.

    “The important principle established in the agreement is that there will be no redeployment by Israel in southern Lebanon, no withdrawal, as long as the terrorist organisation Hezbollah is not disarmed throughout Lebanon, and the safety of the residents of the north is guaranteed,” Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz said in a video statement Saturday evening..

    “This is the basic condition to which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and I have pledged and which we are being implemented,” he added.

    The trilateral agreement signed Friday contradicts the 14-point memorandum of understanding signed with Iran earlier this month, according to both Iran and Hezbollah. The MOU stipulates the war will end “on all fronts, including in Lebanon” and Iran and the U.S. will “ensure the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Lebanon.” Neither Israel nor Hezbollah was involved in the MOU negotiations.

    “The test will be in implementing the agreement, and many more challenges are expected,” Katz said in the recording.. “The Prime Minister and I have instructed the IDF to prepare for an extended stay in the security zone, and to deploy accordingly to protect IDF soldiers and remove threats from northern communities.”

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

A health worker sprays disinfectant in a freshly dug grave for the body of Jacques Lobo Dhena, who died of Ebola, in Bunia, Ituri province, eastern Congo, Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2026. (AP Photo/Dieudonne Dirole)
Global

Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak becomes the country’s worst with over 2,300 dead

by Admin
August 17, 2026

BUNIA, Congo (AP) — Congo’s fast-moving Ebola outbreak has now killed over 2,300 people and become the deadliest outbreak of the disease...

Read moreDetails
President Donald Trump 
Evelyn Hockstein/Reuters
Global

Trump orders Pentagon to scale back joint exercises with South Korea

by Admin
August 17, 2026

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump ordered the Pentagon on Sunday to scale back annual joint military exercises with South Korea,...

Read moreDetails
ROK and US militaries launch joint military exercises in Pyeongtaek, the Republic of Korea, August 17, 2026. /VCG
Global

China says peace, stability in Korean Peninsula serve interests of all

by Admin
August 17, 2026

CGTN News - Maintaining peace and stability in the Korean Peninsula and promoting the political solution of the peninsula issue...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Pills on Hiv / aids paper background. (Google photo)

Region Reaffirms Commitment to End AIDS by 2030


EDITOR'S PICK

Guyana’s President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Irfaan Ali

Guyana rejects Venezuela’s decree over maritime space 

January 9, 2021
Senator Bernie Sanders speak to on overflow crowd outside Lincoln High School as he talks about "Fighting Oligarchy: Where do we go from here" Saturday March 8, 2025 (AP Photo)

Drawing huge crowds, Bernie Sanders steps into leadership of the anti-Trump resistance

March 10, 2025
US President Donald Trump poses for a group photo prior to the North Atlantic Council meeting held as part of the 36th NATO Heads of State and Government Summit at the Presidential Complex in Ankara, Türkiye, on July 8, 2026. /VCG

Trump threatens additional strikes against Iran on Wednesday night

July 8, 2026

China, U.S. continue anti-drug intelligence exchange

February 13, 2026

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice