Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp adobo or other seasoning salt
- 1 heaping tbsp green seasoning
- 1 heaping tbsp jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 whole lemon, sliced
- Oil spray
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pat fish dry with paper towel. Place on a baking sheet or pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. If using a large fillet, cut it into even pieces.
- Sprinkle paprika and adobo. Rub evenly.
- Add green seasoning. Distribute on whole fish making sure to get in between the slits.
- Mix jerk seasoning and tomato paste together. Rub all over fish and in between slits.
- Cover with foil and let marinate for 20 minutes.
- When ready to cook, cut lemon in half. Squeeze half lemon juice on fish. Slice lemon up and place around fish.
- Spray fish with oil.
- Bake fish uncovered in the middle of oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes has passed, turn broiler on at 500 degrees and broil for 3-5 minutes until edges and crust are slightly golden.
I used Walkerswood brand jerk seasoning in the glass jar. The texture is more of a paste. When fish is under broiler, keep an eye so it doesn’t burn. If using individual salmon fillets or steaks, this recipe will work as long as the weight is the same at 2lbs. (alicaspepperpot.com)