Support Village Voice News With a Donation of Your Choice.
Our teeth are very important to us. They help us smile, chew and digest food, they help us to speak and talk clearly, and shape our face. Our teeth also help with our confidence, influence how other see us, and react to us. With such importance to our personality and wellness here are 11 ways keep your teeth healthy. Here are some tips for good oral hygiene and how to maintain a healthy smile:
- Have Regular Dentist Visits- ensure routine oral exams because a good dental hygienist would have to routinely clean your teeth and gums; helping you remove all plaques and fully polish your teeth.
- Daily Brushing and Flossing: An Essential Practice– Dentist recommend brushing your teeth two times a day with a teeth whitening toothpaste such as twice toothpaste, on a soft brush. Flossing in between your teeth also helps protect them against plaque.
- Choosing a Healthy Lifestyleg. food. For that satisfying smile, you might need to let go of the sweet tooth, which might lead to the development of tooth decay and cavities. As much as you can, please emphasise the intake of healthy fruits and vegetables so as to ensure your teeth and gums are healthy and without cavities or plaques. As a rule, when you have consumed stuff rich in sugar content, it would be wise to brush immediately afterward.
- Have a Mouthwash by Your Side– There are many health benefits of using a mouthwash. Besides the fact that a mouthwash makes your breath smell super fresh, it also kills bacteria and helps in protecting your teeth and gums. The American Dental Association classifies mouthwashes as either cosmetic or therapeutic. While cosmetic mouthwashes don’t offer much in terms of medical benefits, you should gun for a therapeutic mouthwash which has several active ingredients such as chlorhexidine, cetylpyridinium chloride, fluoride and peroxide; that help deal with conditions like plaque, gingivitis, tooth decay and most socially relevant of them; the problem of mouth odour.
Mouthwashes even help postoperatively, to handle the complication of dry socket (alveolar osteitis) that often follows dental extraction. Using a good mouthwash also increases your level of confidence, as it helps you boast of whiter teeth (if it contains carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide). But of course, if you are looking for quicker whitening results, you can consider teeth whitening oakbrook terrace dental services. To get the best results, use mouthwash to rinse your mouth at least once every day, for about a minute.
- Quit Smoking-If your aim is to create a super ripe environment for bacteria and plaque to form and grow on your teeth and gums, then you can go right ahead to continue smoking! There is scientific evidence to show that smoking not only leads to stained teeth, but it also results in gum disease, loss of teeth, and even mouth cancer. If you’re tired of the incessant attack on your teeth and gums, are ready to deal with the nicotine and tar stains on your teeth, and make that healthy smile a signature look of yours, time’s up for the cigar in your hand.
Wrapping It Up-Your oral health should be a top priority, and as most dental issues don’t cause pain initially, it would be wise to have regular dental check-up appointments, brush/floss regularly, and live a lifestyle devoid of sugary stuff and smoking. These would certainly place us on the right path to great dental health.