Sunday, August 23, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Cevons pleased with resolution to Mandela land issue

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
July 21, 2021
in News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Cevons Waste Management Inc. has expressed its satisfaction with the agreement entered into with the National Sports Commission (NSC) for the sale of the land on Mandela Avenue and has noted that the transaction was amicable.

“Cevons Waste Management Inc. is particularly pleased over the fact that the signing of the Agreement of Sale concluded a transaction which was conducted in a spirit of cordiality on both sides and to the complete satisfaction of the parties. Cevons Waste Management Inc. is appreciative of that environment of cordiality and of the wider expressions of support for a fair and satisfactory conclusion to the process that had been expressed by observers of the process,” the company said in a statement.

READ ALSO

Shot Rings Out Near President’s Office, Suspected Warhead Recovered

Guyana’s Oil Wealth Must Create Real Opportunities for Young People- APNU

As directed by the Government, the agreement was entered into on Monday afternoon in the boardroom of the Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport. Present were Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport, Charles S. Ramson; Chief Executive Officer of Cevons Waste Management Inc., Morse Archer; Permanent Secretary, Melissa Tucker; Director of Sports, Steve Ninvalle and several Commissioners of the NSC.

Approximately two years after it paid most of $100M for a plot of land at Area C, Tract B Le Repentir, Georgetown (Mandela Avenue) Cevons Waste Management Inc. was instructed to vacate the premises on the basis that the land was previously sold unlawfully by the Guyana Lands and Surveys Commission (GLSC).

Subsequently, in May 2021 at a press conference, Vice President Bharrat Jagdeo said that legal proceedings to repossess lands sold to Cevons would no longer be pursued and the Government will go instead after “the people who acted illegally”. It was noted that the Government had settled on the matter with Cevons.

An Agreement of Sale has now been entered into between the NSC and Cevons Waste Management Inc. According to Cevons, the completion of the Agreement now positions the company to press on with its investment pursuit and expand Guyana’s private sector investment profile while providing more employment for Guyanese.

“The satisfactory conclusion of this agreement is indicative of an appreciation, on the part of the Government of Guyana, of the critical role which local private sector investment has to play in the development of our country,” the company stated.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Office of the President
News

Shot Rings Out Near President’s Office, Suspected Warhead Recovered

by Admin
August 22, 2026

Police have launched an investigation into a late-night gunfire incident near the Office of the President after a vehicle belonging...

Read moreDetails
Michael Richmond
News

Guyana’s Oil Wealth Must Create Real Opportunities for Young People- APNU

by Admin
August 22, 2026

The A Partnership for National Unity (APNU) has raised concerns about the economic prospects of young Guyanese, questioning whether the...

Read moreDetails
President Irfaan Ali- May 22, 2026 press conference (screengrab)
News

President Ali Coming After Social Media Users as Govt Considers New Laws

by Admin
August 22, 2026

President Irfaan Ali has signalled that his administration is considering tougher legal measures against social media users, warning that Guyana...

Read moreDetails
Next Post

Bucks beat Phoenix Suns to win first title for 50 years


EDITOR'S PICK

Global Super League

Victoria stun Amazon Warriors at Providence to go top early in Global Super League

November 30, 2024

Linden ambulance driver under police guard following alleged robbery

September 25, 2020

Herbal Section | Sarsaparilla

January 30, 2022

Road accidents and deaths

January 4, 2021

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice