Friday, August 21, 2026
Village Voice News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us
No Result
View All Result
Village Voice News
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

Breaking News | Man beaten to death by Bath Settlement protesters

Staff Reporter by Staff Reporter
September 9, 2020
in Breaking News
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

(This story has been updated to reflect that the victim was beaten to death and not shot as was previously reported.)

A 34-year-old rice farmer of Bath Settlement was beaten to death by a mob Wednesday afternoon as law and order breaks down in Guyana following three days of protest following slaying of two boys at Cotton Tree Village, West Coast Berbice.

In a statement police said they are  investigating the murder of Chatterpaul Harripaul c/d Roy, age 34 years, of Block BI Bath Settlement, WCB which occurred about 15:45 hrs at Bath Settlement Public Road, WCB.

READ ALSO

Bombshell: 32 Rescued Passengers Were NOT on Official Manifest, Captain Allegedly Tested Positive for Alcohol

BREAKING: US and Iran agree to two-week ceasefire

According to the police the victim was in his motor vehicle on the Public Road at Bath Settlement when it was observed that he exited the vehicle with a shot gun and discharged one round into the air before discharging three rounds towards  a crowd of protestors who were about 60 meters away.

As a result of his actions, he was attacked by the crowd and beaten. The police who are some distance away having observed the commotion rushed to the scene where the discovered the victim lying on ground with several injuries about his body.  He was subsequently picked up and taken to the Fort Wellington Hospital where he was pronounced dead by a Doctor on duty.  Body is currently at the hospital.

Ranks are on the ground conducting further investigations.

ShareTweetSendShareSend

Related Posts

Minister of Public Works Juan Edghill
Breaking News

Bombshell: 32 Rescued Passengers Were NOT on Official Manifest, Captain Allegedly Tested Positive for Alcohol

by Admin
July 19, 2026

New disclosures from the government’s latest briefing have raised even more troubling questions about the MV Barima tragedy.Minister of Public...

Read moreDetails
Residents inspect the aftermath of Israeli and US air strikes at Nilufar Square in the heart of the Iranian capital. [Fatemeh Bahrami/Anadolu]
Breaking News

BREAKING: US and Iran agree to two-week ceasefire

by Admin
April 7, 2026

(CNN) Here's the latest • JUST IN: The US military has paused strikes on Iran, an official said, after President Donald Trump...

Read moreDetails
L-R Azruddin Mohamed and Nazar Mohamed (News Source photo)
Breaking News

BREAKING: CCJ Grants Interim Stay in Mohamed Extradition Case Pending Appeal

by Admin
March 25, 2026

The Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ) today- Wednesday, March 25- granted an interim stay of the extradition committal proceedings involving...

Read moreDetails
Next Post
Leader of the Opposition, Joseph Harmon

Opposition condemns criminal conduct by some protesters 


EDITOR'S PICK

Junior Players up the ante over Seniors_-RAM & MCRAE 2023 Chess Championship Qualifiers

November 21, 2023
Opposition Leader, Joseph Harmon

Harmon resisting calls for him to go

January 7, 2022

Biden joins former Democratic presidents in condemning Minneapolis shootings

January 27, 2026

President Ali and the PPP are looking for a Photo–Opportunity: Granger must not fall for the Bait

December 6, 2020

© 2024 Village Voice

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Letters
  • Global
  • Columns
    • Eye On Guyana
    • Hindsight
    • Lincoln Lewis Speaks
    • Future Notes
    • Blackout
    • From The Desk of Roysdale Forde SC
    • Diplomatic Speak
    • Mark’s Take
    • In the village
    • Mind Your Business
    • Bad & Bold
    • The Voice of Labour
    • The Herbal Section
    • Politics 101 with Dr. David Hinds
    • Talking Dollars & Making Sense
    • Book Review 
  • Education & Technology
  • E-Paper
  • Contact Us

© 2024 Village Voice